Stamping with Tricia

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I think I'm getting better

I loved the colors and flowers in this ad the minute I saw it. I think the cream flower is a lotus flower - but I'm not sure. I'm going to call it a lotus flower anyway. I've seen a lot of other cards made by very talented people using punches so I had to try it myself.


This is my first card. It is very simple. I attached the punch petals first to see what it would look like put together. I liked it then had to come up with a way to still make it a cute card. It is very simple.
I used Very Vanilla and Creamy Caramel for the flower petals. I used the Large and Small Oval punches from Stampin' Up!. The card base is Close to Cocoa and the stem is Chocolate Chip. The word stamp is from Holidays and Wishes stamped in Basic Black. I used the paper piercer and template to embellish the top corners.
I wanted to try to "fancy" the card up some.....and this is my second card. I used Purely Pomegranate this time as the card base and layered under Creamy Caramel. I stamped the large stamp from Baroque Motifs with Purely Pomegranate also. This time I layered the flower slightly on top of the additional piece.
I can't wait until I find my next piece of inspiration! Let me know which card you list the most!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh, Tricia! These are gorgeous. You're on a roll, girl! I think the flourishes behind the flower on the second card are lovely, but I really like the simplicity and monochromatic color scheme of the first. Both are very original and lovely cards!

August 11, 2007 at 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these cards!

October 5, 2007 at 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors and very classy!

October 5, 2007 at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz