Stamping with Tricia

Monday, July 16, 2007

Great Hostess Sets



I had a great weekend! I went shopping and found a great outfit to wear to my aunt's 50th wedding anniversary. It fit and looked so good, I didn't want to take if off. My grandmother and sister thought I was going to wear it home! Now I just have to find some shoes to go with it.




My other sister and her children came up from Alabama this weekend so we visited with them on Sunday. My nephews and neice have grown so much since we saw them in December! They aren't little kids any more.




Even with all the excitement this weekend, I still had time to try out my new Level 2 Hostess Set Garden Silhouettes. Contact me to set up a workshop for this fall! If you contact me during the month of July to pick a date to host a workshop anytime from now until December 15, you will receive a retired 2007 Sell-A-Bration set or a retired 2006-07 Level 1 Hostess set!


My pictures aren't the best. Hopefully I will get better at using my digital camera. I layered Orchid Opulence, Basic Black and Whispering White onto Going Gray. I stamped the first image in Basic Black and then again on some white scrap cardstock in Orchid Opulence. I cut out the Orchid Opulence flowers and placed them over the Basic Black flowers using mini glue dots. (It really didn't take that much time to do it.) To make the scalloped edge on the Orchid Opulence cardstock, I took the guard off the corner rounder punch and punched it along one edge. I then used the 1/8" circle punch to make the dot in each scallop. I finished the card off with a strip of black grossgrain ribbon.
The second card is made using Really Rust, Bashful Blue and Sahara Sand cardstock. I stamped the image flower image in Really Rust and the verse from Curvy Verses in Chocolate Chip. I used the direct to paper technique on the Bashful Blue cardstock. I finished the card with a piece of Chocolate Chip grossgrain ribbon.
I really had fun making both of these cards. I rarely use Orchid Opulence and Really Rust on my cards. Contact me if you want to learn how to make the scalloped edge and use the direct to paper technique.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz